mid-cycle pain (mittleschmerz)

I started cramping on the right side today. George isn’t due until the 21st, which is two weeks away.

Is it simply ovulation? Is the cyst back again? Did I grow another one? I never got the other one treated, because it was 11mm and I was told my body would reabsorb it. I thought my body did just that.

The gynecologist called me back today, too. She let me know that it’s okay for me to reschedule surgery. Last week, the billing department at the GYN’s office called me to tell me that B’s insurance was giving them a hard time over processing my impending surgery. They said I have a six month waiting period, which expires in November. They said they were investigating to see if I had pre-existing conditions. So I cancelled surgery til January. The doctor told me that’s the best I can do right now, cuz if I were to go ahead and do surgery in September and the insurance decided not to cover it, it would be $20K out of pocket.


So, surgery waits. And I’m on 600mg Ibuprofen, waiting for the mid-cycle pain to go away.
I can do this. I’ve done this for twenty years already.

Comments are closed.