Day 4 and 5 of November Hell

Friday night (Day 3) I was still feeling crappy. After dinner, I ended up with stomach pain on top of the endo pain, along with the pelvic nerve pain radiating down the legs. I was at that point officially having a pity party. I was getting depressed. I had already missed work and didn’t go outside to see the sun on Wednesday, Thursday, and most of Friday.

I did notice by 9pm Friday though that the bleeding had begun to dissipate. Overnight, I barely bled at all.

When I woke up on Saturday, I hoped I would continue to be heading out of the Underworld. However, that was not the case. We had to get up at 8am to join friends for one of their pre-wedding meetings at the wedding location, but I just did not want to get out of bed. I was seriously tired. At the same time, my back hurt from top to bottom because of having been bedridden for days – again. The pain was intense – it felt like stinging.

I finally motivated myself out of bed at 8:30am and got in the shower. Trying to get dressed after my shower was excruciating. I had to pick up my ankle and move my leg gently, placing my ankle on my knee so I could put my socks and shoes on. I wrote to my friends “You know it’s that kind of morning when you end up shouting, “ON YOUR FEET, SOLDIER! MOOOOVE!” at your uncooperative body.” :(

We made it to the wedding meeting ahead of schedule, thankfully, and I moved super slow. The sister of the grooms showed up as well, since this meeting focused on her, since she is the one catering the wedding. Now she also has endometriosis – we are still waiting to find out what stage. But it’s got to be stage III or stage IV, because she also had a lot of other stuff going on, and had to have her uterus, cervix and right ovary taken from her. :(
Her surgery was three weeks ago, and she still looks like death warmed over. She’s still walking and moving like I was at Day 3 post-op. This is because there was so much trouble during her surgery to clean everything out, that she had to have the equivalent of a C-section. =(

I placed myself on call to help her with anything she needs this week leading up to the wedding next Saturday.

While we walked around the venue and discussed things, the pain began to set back in for me. I and another friend had to sit down for a few minutes – yet another friend who has menstrual pain, on top of chronic pain from two bulging disks in her back, spinal stenosis, and antereolysthesis. Between her, me and our friend who just came through a partial hysterectomy, the wedding party seems full of broken birds. We chuckle at it and go on with our bad selves. What else can we do?

When we finished with our meeting, the pelvic pain was getting to be too much for my friend G and I – mostly because we also had to go to the bathroom really bad. We had all driven separately, so took off on our own separate ways. My husband drove us down to Mariposa Bakery, which is a completely gluten-free bakery. It was my treat for making it through another month in the Underworld…and I got to use the bathroom. It was there I discovered I had started bleeding again. I was not happy about this. Thankfully, though, the pain never got above a 4 on the pain scale.

I bought us two cake doughnuts, a cupcake for the husband, and a pumpkin spice muffin for myself. We both didn’t care for the cake doughnuts. But ah well, it was worth the try! I haven’t had doughnuts in *years*.

We also got some coffee. Yeah yeah, I know, this is all bad – sugar and coffee and baked goods and whatnot. All inflammatory food. I was already bleeding and in pain to begin with, and had been for days, so I was well into “who cares” territory.

All yesterday it was hard for me to move without grunting because my body was so stiff. I started to loosen up by evening, thankfully. Also thankfully, the bleeding had stopped again, and I didn’t even need to wear a pad by evening.

However, by this morning, I was back to being super stiff and sore again. I partly blame this on the fact that we had moderate rainfall overnight, which has continued on and off throughout today.

I was alarmed to find that I had resumed bleeding by 9am this morning. I was furious, because this is Day 5 – after three days in a row of bleeding fully stopping. GAHHH so today I’m back to feeling super tired and run down, and every joint in my body is aching and stiff, and I’m having to wear a pad again. The bleeding is light, but it should be NOTHING by now.
The pelvic cramps are sharp and intermittent, and centered in the low uterus.

In spite of that, I went to my regularly scheduled Alexander Technique class at the dispensary today. I’m glad I went. When I got back home, I needed a rest, but now I am going to try to get on with my Sunday. There’s chores and homework to do for the coming work week. I will emerge fully from the Underworld by no later than Monday night. I decree it so!

Comments are closed.