Second Laparoscopy: Day 29 post-op

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Woke up feeling better, though my face was flushed like fever and my temp was 99.3F.
I enjoyed decaf coffee with my breakfast of gluten free waffles and coconut milk ice cream. I had a second breakfast of pan-fried onions, spinach, broccoli and mushrooms with cow’s milk cheese all stuffed into a brown rice tortilla quesadilla.

I was able to accomplish some light house cleaning & purging, and found a pile of socks and other clothes that need darning. I can’t remember what ended up distracting me from the sewing, but other stuff happened that day…

At one point an Internet friend’s comments on my blog led me to worry, so I asked her if she was alright since her surgery. She’s got endo and she’s pregnant. Some women have undergone surgery while pregnant but red flags went off for me over the lack of updates on her site since before surgery. She wrote back to me, confirming the worst – she had to lose the baby during surgery because her own life was in danger. She was about three months pregnant. I actually cried upon receipt of this news. It was the second time in a month that a friend had lost their baby. Earlier in the month, on the same day as my post-op appointment (January 5), a friend had lost her newborn. She thinks it was SIDS. She is still awaiting the autopsy report. I cried for her, also. She had fought so hard to even conceive, and then was in pain and bedridden through most of her pregnancy. Her baby was born tiny and fragile on December 23, 2010, but the hospital sent her home the very next day. I do not know why the hospital did not keep the baby for observation, or send the baby home with a breathing machine, or what. I just don’t have all the info, and I’m feeling a whole lot of IT’S NOT FAIR for my friend. For both of my friends.

Call it oversensitivity since surgery (my ovaries were mucked with, which causes hormonal upset), or call it PMS. Call it whatever – I’m hugely empathetic and emotional right now, and seeing others suffering physically and emotionally just registers so much more intensely than usual for me.

Saturday night, we went dancing. I had been looking forward to it all week, to test out my mobility again, and because I knew there’d be a lot of swirly music to dance to.
Sadly, no photos from that night – I simply forgot. Well, there is my Daily Mugshot photo:

Going out to dance at Solace

Going out to dance at Solace


I had been melancholy all day for my two friends, and was listening to a lot of Dead Can Dance and music I used to perform ritual to, so that I could send love and positive energy out to my two friends. I wasn’t even sure of my own mobility, but I knew I would at least request and dance to Cantara by Dead Can Dance.

And I did.

By the end of the night, I was on Tylenol 3 and Ibuprofen, but it was worth it. I also got to see another chronically ill friend that night – she has fibromyalgia and was having a low-pain day and also decided to make the most of it and go out that night. She danced, too. :)

Comments are closed.