June report

June 14, 2011: light cramping. Upper respiratory tract infection, thanks to a friend who attended a birthday party I went to. The coughing began on June 13 and worsened on the 14th.

June 15, 2011: moderate cramping. Went to work that day. Dealing with horrible upper respiratory tract infection.

June 16, 2011: george arrived. Went to work that day. Drugged on Tylenol 3 and Ibuprofen. It was setup week for Summer Session, so there were no children to have to look after. Since I’m supposed to be a head teacher for one week during the Summer Session, it was important that I be at work to help set up the classroom from the top down, and go over lesson plans and such so all the summer teachers would be on the same page. Dealing with horrible upper respiratory tract infection.

June 17, 2011: heaviest day. Went to work that day. Drugged on Tylenol 3 and Ibuprofen. Was pretty useless. Kept wanting to go home, but was too stubborn to do so. Dealing with horrible upper respiratory tract infection. Convinced at this point that it’s Whooping Cough. No health insurance to get looked at. They’d just tell me to ride it out, anyway.

June 18, 2011: Fed up with being ill and went out with husband to a monthly club night. It’s a low-key club to begin with, so it was no problem to be sitting and looking pretty with the others. I had some conversation with friends. It was alright, but I was severely exhausted from the pain and the meds. Dealing with horrible upper respiratory tract infection.

June 19, 2011: I felt well enough to go out to a Pirate Fair, which was happening by Mare Island. I knew that the ‘last gasp’ was going to happen, but I was so fed up with being in pain and being drugged, that when a break in the pain came, I went out for some fun.

The ‘last gasp’ occurred shortly after we arrived. We had walked probably one and a half blocks worth of shops at the fair, when I felt a trickle. I knew that once the bleeding resumed, the pain was not far behind. A few minutes after that, the nausea set in, and then the pain.
The other thing that sucked that day was the outside temperature. It was supposed to be in the low 80s, but ended up being over 90°F outside. I was in terrible pain, trying to pass huge clots, which elevated my body temperature, and so I was absolutely miserable. Here’s me sitting behind a jewelry booth in a spit of shade. Notice that I’m wearing a corset while trying to deal with this pain. Yeah yeah, I knew the pain would come and I still rebelled and wore a corset. How mean I am to myself, I know.

The pain strikes again.

I took a half Tylenol 3 and Ibuprofen. Half an hour later, I took the other half Tylenol 3. I wandered around the fair in a daze. The heat was horrible – people of all ages were puking from heat exhaustion because there wasn’t enough water stations around and nobody thought it would get that hot outside.

Despite all of that hell, we came back from the fair, washed up, changed, and went out to dinner with my husband and his father for Father’s Day. The intense bleeding and pain had subsided, and I was spotting. The fatigue was still with me, and I was still dealing with the horrible upper respiratory tract infection.

I had residual coughing fits which lasted until around June 30th. There was bitter resentment at having gotten sick from a sick friend who attended a party or gathering – AGAIN – it happened twice within 12 months. I’m thinking too that it was the same person. There are two in our group who refuse to abstain from social events when they have a barking croupy cough. From now on I must remind myself that when they are sick, I will not go to the same events they are at, because they too easily give me their germs.

Oh – one last thing I just remembered: during the June cycle, I bled through every single one of my cloth pads. That has never happened before. Every last one of ’em got bled through, even the thickest ones. I didn’t resume eating meat until towards the end of June, so I wonder if my anaemia was up because I hadn’t been eating meat. We’ll see, because I went back to eating chicken. Now I eat chicken and fish, but still no cow, pig, deer or other red meat per the geneva convention of endometriosis treatment.

Comments are closed.